Thursday, April 28, 2011

First day in Montreal (April 27, 2011)

This city is always beautiful no matter when I come. I have been here once before for a conference and I loved every minute of being here. This time I am all by myself and I don't have to worry about a presentation so I can explore as much as I want unlike the last time. Today I walked all over the old Montreal and along Rue Sainte Cathetine over the day time and it was absolutely amazing. The day started with a lot of fog which helped me a lot by keeping the damn temperature down. I kept taking as many pictures as I could during my exploration. 

At the end I came back at the hotel to drop off my camera and go back to a sports bar to watch the big game. Unfortunately the Habs lost the 7th game in OT and that really sucked. I could compare this to any big game when the Roughriders lose their crucial game. It was like the whole city suddenly died and definitely sad. I really wanted the Habs to win too. Now we got Canucks as the only Canadian team in the series and hopefully they get the cup. Everything would have been very different if the Habs would have won but now it is all very quiet as one would expect. One thing for sure, the people in Montreal are really awesome. Tomorrow I will walk to the university and down to the old port again to get some pictures.

Old port area of Montréal

Rue de la Commune

Vieux Montréal

Notre-Dame Basilica

Rue Notre-Dame

Restaurants

Vieux Montréal

Vieux Montréal

Vieux Montréal

Rue Sainte-Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment