Friday, April 22, 2011

Wawa to Sault Ste. Marie (April 22, 2011)

As soon as I left Wawa after filling up at a Petrocan station, sure enough there is an Esso on the highway. This time it was all my fault and I should have asked someone before. It is the Easter weekend so everything was closed there except the gas station, which fortunately had the ice bags for my cooler. 

Another clear sky and great driving day with some spectacular view of Lake Superior on the highway between Wawa and Sault Ste. Marie, which are 225km apart. The drive took much longer than it should have because of the scenery and interesting outcrops. There were a few great beaches and scenic lookout points and because everything is still closed till mid May, it was more fun to walk around and take pictures. Smoking pipe tobacco on the fine clean sand of one of those beaches is definitely priceless.



Lake Superior beach

same beach

Lake Superior

Frozen shore

Frozen shore

Shadow hunter beside Lake Superior

St. Mary's river in Sault Ste. Marie
The city of Sault Ste. Marie is also very quiet for the holidays. After walking along the river boardwalk, which is a great place in summer I am sure with all the visible setup there, I was able to find some much needed food. This will be a slow night here and tomorrow I head to Sudbury.

1 comment: