Sunday, April 24, 2011

Greater Sudbury to Ottawa (April 24, 2011)

While loading my Jeep for the drive, I noticed some coolant laying on the ground underneath the radiator. This has been happening to the hunter off and on. I checked the level and it was above "add" but still I tried to get a seal and some coolant from the Canadian Tire before taking off. Due to the holidays, the store was closed and I got out of Sudbury and figured I can get it in Ottawa tomorrow.

This was again a bright warm sunny day but the drive was mostly not that much exciting. The landscape was rather general with some nice views once in a while. The rocks changed from metamorphic to sedimentary close to Ottawa. After North Bay, I missed the exit and had to make a U-turn on a "no U-turn unless authorized" pavement. The highway had too many small towns with slower speed limits and the traffic was pretty busy as well. There were plenty of highway patrol cars pulling drivers over everywhere, but still these Ontario drivers sure drive like maniac. 

I arrived in Ottawa in time to find a place for two nights and a beautiful long drive+walk along the river. Tomorrow I am staying in Ottawa and will not be out on highway till the day after when I go to Montreal. I am also feeling a bit sick today and hopefully this goes away.

2 comments: