Friday, May 6, 2011

A day in Halifax (May6, 2011)

It was a beautiful sunny and cool day today again after a very rainy day yesterday. I drove out to the town of Lunenburg which is only 80km from Halifax. It is an old beautiful town and also a UNESCO heritage. It was worth a drive for sure even though everywhere in that town they are getting prepared for the upcoming tourist season. I got back to Halifax within 4 to 5 hours and then went for a walk along the waterfront area where most of the attractions are. There are plenty of restaurants and pubs in this town for one to explore. After the walk I went back to the hotel to leave my camera and came out for supper. Today I will try to go to bed earlier because I will have a few long days coming up till I am in St John's, Newfoundland. 

Tomorrow I will leave early and drive along the Highway 7 or Marine Drive and go to Arisaig to check out some fossils and then off to Cape Breton where I will probably be camping tomorrow night.


Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Lunenburg

Halifax naval base

Halifax port area

Halifax port area

Halifax port area

Georges Island

Halifax downtown

1 comment: