Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Prince George to Edmonton (May 30, 2011)

After one more stop at Denny`s, I was out for Edmonton. The weather was not too bad in the beginning but started to deteriorate as I got closer to the mountains. Soon after passing Mount Robson Park area, it started raining heavily. My friend in Edmonton was flying back from Victoria later tonight so I had no rush to be there as I was crashing in his couch for the night. I made a long stop at Jasper for some food and beverage while it kept raining hard outside. It started to clear up when I was ready to resume my driving. The sky to the east looked really dark at that moment and I knew the system is to my east now and I will be driving right through it. There were deers, elks, moose and bighorn sheep on the road in the raining having their supper so the drive was a bit stressful but not too bad. 

By the time rain actually stopped, I was in Edson. I also saw the first lightning of the year today while driving between Hinton and Edson. Soon I was in Edmonton and met up with my friend. Tomorrow is the last day of my trip and I drive back to Saskatoon. Here are a few pictures taken from Mt. Robson Park.




No comments:

Post a Comment