Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kenora to South Central Alberta (May 21, 2011)

This has been the longest driving days so far and probably this will stay the longest till the end of the trip. I covered a distance of almost 1400km between Kenora and Brooks today. It was raining in Kenora when I left and the rain never stopped till Brooks, Alberta. The wind was strong but luckily I had a tail component. While driving through Saskatchewan, I realized how much I missed the province while away and being so close to Saskatoon still driving way felt a bit strange too. I will be back here in another 10 days so not too bad. 

I also punched through a couple of decently organized thunderstorms in Swift Current area. The drive was very smooth which is usual in the Prairies. Currently I am at one of the rest stops and again it has everything one would need to spend the night. So once again I will be sleeping in my Jeep tonight and be in the Rockies tomorrow. I will be spending next two nights in Kelowna.







No comments:

Post a Comment