Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Saint John to Moncton (May 3, 2011)

In Saint John there is a really cool place for good home made breakfast and it is called AJ's. As soon as myself and the hunter were refueled, I headed for Moncton. On the main highway there were again some beautiful road cuts for which I had to make a couple of stops. Right after a town called Sussex, I took a detour on highway 114 which is also known as the Fundy Trail. The road is not great outside the provincial park area but once you are inside it is much better and the view is panoramic. I stopped at most of the view points for picture and because this is still the off-season, everything was closed including the famous Hopewell Cape. That just meant I could not drive in so I had to walk and do my little adventure inside the park. Generally you pay a fee but right now it was all free of cost. The conglomerate outcrops are quite neat to see in this area.

In Moncton, I found a really cheap and shitty place to stay. The room sort of smells like dog fart but this is a part of the adventure anyway. Once the night is over I am out for Charlottetown tomorrow and get to cross the amazing Confederation Bridge.


Beautiful sedimentary road-cut

View from Fundy Trail

Cape Enrage lighthouse

Cape Enrage cabins

Cape Enrage

Cape Enrage lighthouse

Hopewell Rocks

Hopewell Rocks

Hopewell Rocks

2 comments: